School Update 3/27/2020
School will remain closed until Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
School Closure Update 3/17/20
March 17, 2020
Dear Families and Communities,
Over the past few days, we have been navigating an unprecedented time and we are striving to provide our families with the most recent information. At this time, Wraparound Services of the Hudson Valley will remain closed until April 1, 2020. This time will count as our spring break as these days must be applied before we are eligible for the 180-day exemption. We are currently, waiting for additional information regarding the schools closure.
Student instruction at home will begin March 25, 2020 and will be provided for as long as necessary. Each student will receive an instructional packet from his/her classroom teacher via email and/or mailed home. This instructional packet can be used in order to retain the skills they have already learned. Included in this packet will also be a variety of online resources and additional references for your child to use during this time.
We will continue to use our email and Facebook notification systems for up-to-date announcements. If families have additional questions or concerns they can reach out to our school principal via email at Aquesnell@WSHV.org or via phone at 845-336-7235 Ext. 2108. We also advise our families to also follow Kingston City Schools website and text notifications for additional information regarding this unprecedented time, as things are changing rapidly.
Please be patient and know that we are working towards providing the most recent information and solutions as best as we can during these challenging times. Thank you and please be safe.
Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County is now Wraparound Services of the Hudson Valley
After 68 years of providing quality services to people with disabilities Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County is excited to announce that on 3/1/20 we will be changing our name to Wraparound Services of the Hudson Valley (WSHV). Our new name accurately captures our array of programs throughout a six county region in the Hudson Valley.
While our name is changing, our mission and core values will remain as will our unending efforts to provide high quality services, dedicated to supporting all people with disabilities to assist them to live as full life as possible. These services include:
- IRA and /CFR Residential Services- Residential services are community based family-like homes and apartments that provide individualized supports to people with disabilities
- Preschool and School Age Educational Services – Our school provides educational and therapeutic services (Physical, Speech, Occupational, Social Work, Music Therapies) to over 70 students each
- Wraparound Community Services- WCS is New York’s first community based service that provides an alternative to
- residential care through the provision of intensive, person centered supports. WCS assists people with disabilities step down from residential care and helps people at risk of stepping up to residential care remain on their own, or with their families.
- Day Habilitation – Day Hab is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities have the opportunity to meaningfully interact with the People with disabilities volunteer, helping over 1O agencies in our area achieve their mission, participate in community events and engage in social events.
- HUD Housing – WHV provides 14 HUD approved apartments for individuals with
- Technology Related Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities (TRAID) – TRAID is an adaptive equipment lending Anyone in need of adaptive equipment has access to over 3,000 pieces of adaptive equipment that they can borrow from the program.
- Family Support Services (FSS)- FSS helps families caring for a relative or a child with a developmental FSS assists families with purchasing services and goods not funded through Medicaid. These include: respite reimbursement, adaptive equipment, and summer camps.
- ISS Services – ISS is a housing subsidy calculated based on an individual’s income and Housing and Community Renewal (HCR) payment standards. If provides funding to assist people with disabilities living on their own with re
We are proud of our growth, diversification and high level of quality services as evidenced by our Counsel on Quality Leadership (COL) four-year reaccreditation for “Person Centered Excellence”. We look forward to many more years partnering with people with disabilities to ensure that each person lives as full a life as possible.
Gerry Dohrenwend, LCSW MNA
8th Annual Accessibility Day Event
Our 8th Annual Accessibility Awareness Day event is scheduled for Saturday, September 19, 2020, at the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park-Highland side.
More information can be found HERE
School Book Fair! March 18 – 22
Mark your calendars – our spring book fair is coming! March 18 – 22. All purchases benefit our school. Join us for stomp, chomp and read!
March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
In 1987, President Ronald Reagan made a public proclamation that the month of March should be recognized as Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month to “increase public awareness of the needs and potential of Americans with developmental disabilities.”
How will you increase awareness this month?
7th Annual Accessibility Awareness Day – SAVE THE DATE!
SAVE THE DATE – The 7th Annual Accessibility Awareness Day event is September 7th, 2019 at the Walkway Over the Hudson – Highland Side – CLICK HERE for more details
Amazon Donates When You Shop!
Did you know that your shopping on Amazon can make a difference? Amazon donates to United Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County Inc. when you shop their site at smile.amazon.com Prices are the same as Amazon. Just pick United Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County as the organization you wish to help.
Thank you for supporting Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County!
Staff Recognition Awards Announced
Two staff members of our agency were recognized at the Cerebral Palsy of New York State Annual conference in Saratoga Springs Tuesday, October 16. Congratulations to Brenda and Samantha!
Award Winning Wraparound Community Services Program
Our Wraparound Community Services program was awarded Program Innovation Award for 2018 at the Cerebral Palsy of New York State Annual Conference this evening.The Award is to recognize an affiliate of CP of NYS that has provided an exemplary program to individuals with disabilities that has enhanced the independence and self-esteem of its participants and which serves as a model to be replicated across the State. Take a look at the program video!