Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County is now Wraparound Services of the Hudson Valley
After 68 years of providing quality services to people with disabilities Cerebral Palsy of Ulster County is excited to announce that on 3/1/20 we will be changing our name to Wraparound Services of the Hudson Valley (WSHV). Our new name accurately captures our array of programs throughout a six county region in the Hudson Valley.
While our name is changing, our mission and core values will remain as will our unending efforts to provide high quality services, dedicated to supporting all people with disabilities to assist them to live as full life as possible. These services include:
- IRA and /CFR Residential Services- Residential services are community based family-like homes and apartments that provide individualized supports to people with disabilities
- Preschool and School Age Educational Services – Our school provides educational and therapeutic services (Physical, Speech, Occupational, Social Work, Music Therapies) to over 70 students each
- Wraparound Community Services- WCS is New York’s first community based service that provides an alternative to
- residential care through the provision of intensive, person centered supports. WCS assists people with disabilities step down from residential care and helps people at risk of stepping up to residential care remain on their own, or with their families.
- Day Habilitation – Day Hab is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities have the opportunity to meaningfully interact with the People with disabilities volunteer, helping over 1O agencies in our area achieve their mission, participate in community events and engage in social events.
- HUD Housing – WHV provides 14 HUD approved apartments for individuals with
- Technology Related Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities (TRAID) – TRAID is an adaptive equipment lending Anyone in need of adaptive equipment has access to over 3,000 pieces of adaptive equipment that they can borrow from the program.
- Family Support Services (FSS)- FSS helps families caring for a relative or a child with a developmental FSS assists families with purchasing services and goods not funded through Medicaid. These include: respite reimbursement, adaptive equipment, and summer camps.
- ISS Services – ISS is a housing subsidy calculated based on an individual’s income and Housing and Community Renewal (HCR) payment standards. If provides funding to assist people with disabilities living on their own with re
We are proud of our growth, diversification and high level of quality services as evidenced by our Counsel on Quality Leadership (COL) four-year reaccreditation for “Person Centered Excellence”. We look forward to many more years partnering with people with disabilities to ensure that each person lives as full a life as possible.
Gerry Dohrenwend, LCSW MNA